Technical Specifications Designer 3D CAD - Solidworks
As a Technical Specifications Designer you will work on incoming customer enquiries, design and develop feasible solutions to customers technical specifications, and produce high quality visuals and drawings.
You will pride yourself on having strong communication skills (both written and verbal), along with the ability to identify customer's needs. You will enjoy developing relationships with not only your colleagues but also customers.
As you will be required to visit clients on site a current driving licence and own transport is essential.
As a Technical Specifications Designer you will:
- Design and develop product ranges for one-off projects to meet the customer requirements.
- Liaise with our supply chain and other suppliers and manufacturers to develop a wide range of bespoke technical solutions
- Undertake simulations, thermal calculations and prototyping where required to ensure products are fit for purpose
- Produce high quality renders and drawings for presentation
- Attend site meetings with clients to actively promote customer relationships where required.
- To ensure a professional and speedy response to customer queries
- In consultation with the Design Studio Manager identify and implement efficient and effective processes and procedures through continual improvement
- Support the Bespoke Design Team on other design projects as and when required
- Degree qualified in Product Design or Industrial Design, or similar discipline
- Confident with using 3D CAD software (Solidworks or similar)
- Experienced within a customer facing role
Do you have?
- Experience and understanding of sheet metal fabrication and its impact on design
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working full-time within a design environment for a technical/specialist products company.
- Experience of working with architects and contractors
- Good sketching skills (would be advantageous)