Page Personnel are currently recruiting for an excellent business who are based in West Leeds who have an opportunity for a Payroll Clerk to join their team on a temporary basis with an immediate start required.
Page Personnel are currently recruiting for an excellent business who are based in West Leeds who have an opportunity for a Payroll Clerk to join their team on a temporary basis with an immediate start required. The business has recently gone through rapid growth which has required the need for long term temporary staff. They have excellent on site facilities with free parking on site and are accessible via public transport.
As Payroll Clerk you will report into the Payroll Manager.
Duties will include, however not be limited to:
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Have held a similar position previously - Essential
- Be immediately available or on a 1 weeks notice - Essential
£21,000 - £22,500 annual salary equivalent + weekly pay available + long term temporary position + excellent on site facilities + free parking on site + accessible via public transport + well known business + growing finance team