Our client are a niche, high specification manufacturing business looking to recruit a Finance Analyst. A fundamental part of this role will be managing and contributing to the provision of timely management information. Tracking and evaluating the financial performance of key projects, this is a business-critical role.
Key to the role will be the maintenance and periodic interrogation of the Earned Value Management system for ongoing projects. In addition, the analyst will monitor performance and provide early warning should any deviation from project plans arise.
- Interrogate company cost collection systems to derive financial reports against multiple projects.
- Provide ownership of the reporting cycle and ensure project teams adhere to time frames.
- Provide guidance to the SPM regarding spend and cost performance of projects.
- Work closely with project managers to generate forecasts by project.
- Work with the Program team to determine rationale for deviations to cost and schedule.
- Generate cash flow profiles for projects.
- Monitor milestone payment plans.
- Previous experience developing budgets and forecasts based on plans generated by the Engineering and Program Management teams.
- Has experience in programs under Earned Value Management control.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software particularly Excel.
- Experience in an engineering environment.
- Previous experience in the defence industry.