Editorial Manager - Criminal case
Role: Editorial Manager
Rate: Up to £300 per day/ltd
IR35 status: Out of scope
Duration: 6 months
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Editorial Manager to join a leading Government organisation in London. In this key role you'll work on the review of a high-profile historic criminal case, commissioned by Government. The work of the review is at an advanced stage. Drafting of its report is later than planned. Under the direction of the DMIP Secretary, the Editorial Manager will be responsible for managing a small editorial team to undertake drafting and reporting on editorial, structural, and quality assurance reviews on emerging report outputs. You'll become quickly familiarised with the subject-matter of the review.
- Review the structure of emerging drafts in collaboration with report's authors. Provide a third party view of flow, readability and internal logic.
- Develop and review report style and structure including chapter and section formats, heading hierarchies, and appendices, in collaboration with the report's authors.
- Monitor, review, and revise report in compliance with house style. Manage related quality assurance of emerging drafts ensuring that errors in house style, spelling, punctuation, and syntax are corrected.
- Design report style and layout in accordance with the publisher's style, editorial, and publishing requirements.
Key experience required:
- Experience gained in an editorial role for report style publications at Government or similar level
Proven writing skills, and experience of proofreading and copy/subediting
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of managing a high performing team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a customer focus
- Ability to collaborate closely with colleagues at all management levels and across disciplines
Please submit your CV now to be considered for position. Colin Youle is the consultant managing this assignment. Reference: - 812061Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.