3rd Line Support, Devops
Technical Operations Analyst (Devops Opportunity)
The Technical Services helpdesk provides up to 3rd line support to software customers. Support is provided verbally or via email. This service includes the completion of software upgrades, support of the Ingres and SQL RDBMS and support of various flavours of Operating system, ie Unix/Linux/Windows. We have recently adopted continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD), so experience with and understanding of devops and associated technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git, Maven, JUnit and Selenium is highly advantageous.
The role is split between providing adhoc support to all customers and completing scheduled work for the Managed Service customers. The successful applicant will be expected to take ownership of issues and see them through to completion. This will often involve liaising with developers and product teams around the business.
- 3rd line support for all Technical issues relating to RDBMS and Operating System
- Provide Managed Service customers with DBA and application expertise including shell script maintenance and performance monitoring.
- Undertake scheduled work for Managed Service customers eg database upgrades and copies
- Liaise with developers and other members of the company to highlight and resolve issues within the applications.
- Support of SaaS solution
- Work within prescribed ISO27001 procedures
- Deal with calls and requests within SLAs
- Be available to work out of hours for scheduled weekend and evening work.
- Basic understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, andGit
- Experience working within a Technical Services support or deploymentrole
Please forward your CV for a confidential discussion.
This position is advertised by Justin James Recruitment Ltd operating as an employment business.