Opportunities for Complaint Handlers exist to provide customer service to both external and internal customers and third parties, being responsible for carrying out relevant and designated tasks within the Customer Care function. The Complaint Handler will investigate and resolve customer and 3rd party complaints, providing a superior customer experience and fair outcome.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensure Service Level Agreement parameters are met
- Manage the process relating to customer complaints and/or disputes.
- Take ownership of individual cases from receipt to conclusion.
- Handle cases to the highest standard of customer care and resolve them satisfactorily and in accordance with FCA and TCF principles.
- Ensure all complaints are handled within FCA guidelines and timescales.
- Ensure that responses are clear and demonstrate that a thorough investigation has been undertaken.
- Use a variety of systems in addition to the Company’s internal systems to obtain, utilise and process documentation relating to customers / authorised third parties.
- Facilitate verbal and written communication with customers and authorised third parties as required.
- Investigate the opportunity to reach agreement on payment or resolution of issues with the customer or authorized third parties.
- Provide an efficient professional service to both internal and external stakeholders at all times.
- Maintain accurate records on the Company’s internal systems providing a clear and concise audit trail.
- Provide support, cover, assistance and or guidance to other teams within Customer Journey as required.
- Maintain a high level of quality at all times.
- To carry out any other ad-hoc duties as requested by management.
Formal Education & Certification
- GCSE level in English & Maths
- A vocational qualification in Customer Service/Complaint Handling would be desirable
Knowledge & Experience
- Complaint handling experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- The ability to work with people at all levels.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to handle a varying and demanding workload.
- Ability to meet tight time deadlines whilst retaining accuracy.
- Able to make sound judgments to ensure the desired outcome for both the Company and customer.
- Customer service orientation and committed to providing 'Best in Class’ customer service delivery.
- Demonstrate commitment to supporting fellow team members and to delivering team objectives.
- Be able to demonstrate an adaptable and flexible approach to your work and that of the team.
- Good letter writing skills
- Good negotiations skills.
- Display professional attitude and behaviours at all times.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent level of computer literacy. Knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidance in relation to customer care.
- Previous experience within a support operations role, with a focus on customer service.
- Positive 'can do’ attitude
- Confident communicator
- Intuitively empathetic
- Seeks learning opportunity and self-development