Part Time Purchase Ledger/Credit Controller
This is a Part time, permanent position.
Our client, who have recently moved to High Wycombe have an exciting opportunity for a Part time Purchase Ledger/Credit Controller to join their small yet growing team. Working 16-20 hours per week this role is ideal for someone possibly looking to work school hours.
The role will grow with the company, therefore experience of payroll, purchase invoicing and any other accounts is desirable.
Our client is looking for someone who has strong Sage knowledge and a strong background of working within the same industry.
Duties of the role will include:
- Communicate and co-ordinate with internal departments Managers and co-workers.
- Chasing of payments over agreed credit terms
- Checking of new customer application forms to obtain a credit limit
- Checking of customer names to ensure these are correct on our system in terms of legality
- Ensure credit account customers stay within their agreed credit limit
- Reporting on troublesome payers
- Report on any errors/corrections required when chasing our customers
- Manage the collection of all debts from overdue stage to legal through chasing by email, telephone and letter as appropriate in line with association standards; in order to bring the matter to the customers attention.
- Negotiating payment plans, following authorisation from Finance Assistant and Managing Director
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
- Establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Accurately record transactions on a daily basis to enable efficient follow up of any accounts and diarise all communications with customers.
- Strong Sage experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of dealing with customers
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and in difficult situations
- Confident telephone manner, analysis & problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail is a necessity
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads
- Good organisational and time management skills