Senior Account Handler - Swindon
Job Title: Senior Account Handler - Swindon
Job Sector: General Insurance
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £33,000K (DOE)
Job Reference: SM/J018560
About the Company:
A highly successful and progressive national insurance broker are looking to add an experienced Senior Account Handler to their existing team. A company who truly believe in providing an unrivalled level of service to all of their clients. When you become part of their team, your commitment will be rewarded with a market leading salary and competitive benefits package.
About the Role:
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Account Handler with Commercial Insurance knowledge to help support a variety of different public sector clients, iand a selection of associated public sector divisions, including Schools and universities.
The role offers plenty of opportunity to get involved in client and external work, as well as assisting on some of the consultancy work the client gets involved with, specific duties will include;
- To provide a quality service in the administration and servicing of public sector clients.
- Assisting with new business broking and re-broking exercises.
- Maintaining existing business and providing technical advice.
- Providing management and guidance to other team members.
- Acting as a contact for the client to handle all queries / amendments.
- Acting as a referral point for less experienced colleagues
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Commercial Account Handler, you must possess the following:
- Previous account handling experience
- Commercial Insurance knowledge/experience
- An eagerness to progress with your ACII qualification will be supported, but is not essential
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Basic salary: to attract the best plus exceptional benefits
Competitive company benefits
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.