Chapman Tate Associates is seeking a Support Engineer to work with an innovative data infrastructure company with international presence. You’ll help analyse, reproduce and resolve technical problems for a global customer base.
So, what skills will you have?
- Strong systems administration skills for Unix/Linux Servers Including LDAP, Apache & SQL
- Linux OS installation, configuration & virtualization.
- Scripting in BASH, Python etc
- Knowledge of tools such as Chef, Puppet & Ansible
- Knowledge of Big Data ecosystem components. Such as Apache Hadoop, CDH, HDP, Ambari, HIVE
- Use & administration of version control tools, such as SVN & Git
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to lay out a root cause analysis documents
- The ability to write test plans to reproduce customer problems
- Team players who can also work on their own initiative
- An understanding of networking, both architectures and protocols
And, what’s the gig?
- Consult customers online and over the phone
- Resolve time critical issues and maintain SLAs
- Coerce with teams, such as QA and Engineering to provide holistic solutions
- Analysing, reproducing and resolving complex issues across Big Data and ALM Products
Our client provides flexible working hours and 28 days holiday along with a range of other benefits.
If this role is of interest or you’d like to know about similar opportunities we have available, please submit a copy of your CV.