RF Test System Developer
Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems. Their activities cover complete civil and military telecommunications and Earth observation systems, science and navigation programmes, together with avionics and a wide range of space equipment and associated ground infrastructure.
They are recruiting for an RF Test System Developer (LabView) to work on high-value Earth Navigation Space Mission projects within an international company. This is a Contract position for 6 months and will be based in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Reporting to Head of AIT Test Systems and working within a team of test system specialists to develop and deliver RF test systems used during telecom satellite payload test phases.
After delivery, the systems require support in the UK (Portsmouth) and occasionally abroad in France (Toulouse). This may include test investigations, reporting evidence, attending customer meetings and working closely with other engineering teams within AIT and the Telecoms Payload business, division supporting technical aspects of Engineering and Test
The role requires the person to be self-motivated to work and manage their time efficiently to meet the project schedule dates.
· Develop RF measurements from customer requirements
· Development and maintenance of LabVIEW test executive and libraries of tests
· Integration of new features into existing system
· Produce product documentation, technical and status reports
Qualifications and skills:
· Formal NI qualification (or comparable experience) with proven experience developing software in the Test and Measurement field
· Experience of LabVIEW Object Oriented Programming and Classes and Actor Framework
· Experience using RF test instrumentation: Network Analysers, Spectrum Analysers, Power Meters, Signal Generators and Arbitrary Waveform Generators with modulation techniques
· Knowledge of Test Instrumentation control (SCPI)
· Have a working knowledge of other software tools and languages (XML, Subversion (SVN), MATLAB
· Team player able to integrate easily and quickly into existing teams
If you have the skills and experience to be considered for this role, please apply on-line.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.