Assistant Buyer- (Ecommerce / Multichannel Retailer)
An Assistant Buyer is needed to join the Jewellery team of a global Ecommerce / Multichannel Retailer. Based from their state-of-the-art media & commerce centre in Chiswick, expect a fantastic opportunity to progress your buying career managing your own product category and projects.
With over 20 years' experience and operations in countries across the globe, this household name Multichannel Retailer employs over 17,000 people worldwide and are ranked as one of the world's top multimedia shopping companies in terms of both viewers and revenue. Continuing to experience exciting levels of growth, they are now seeking an Assistant Buyer / Purchasing Assistant to provide key administrative and creative support.
Working closely with the Associate Buyer you will provide vital support in managing ranges to meet sales, margin and stock targets within a specific product/category area. Whether you are acting as the first point of contact for Guest Presenters and Supplier queries as well as internal departments such as Planning, Warehouse, Marketing and QA; collating and presenting product information / sales information; preparing information for meetings (Business Strategy, Open To Buy and Merchandising Strategy); producing Range Review packs; undertaking Market Reports and Competitor Shopping analysis or bringing suggestions of new ideas/products to the team it will be your understanding of their product which enables you to prepare Guest Presenters before a live show and manage the guest schedule.
To qualify… You could be an Assistant Buyer / Buying Administrator / Purchasing Assistant / Assistant Category Manager / Buyers Assistant / Buying Assistant / Junior Buyer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Administrative experience within a head office buying environment, ideally at Buying Admin level or above;
- A good understanding and experience of managing a critical path and of buying a product range;
- Trend awareness with a passion for product;
- An understanding of the retail buying function;
- Good PC skills, especially Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Strong presentation skills;
- You are a self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic approach to work;
- The ability to work within tight deadlines and manage your own workload within a fast paced and 'live' commercial environment;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
In return expect a great working environment with plenty of challenges, opportunities and benefits such as 23 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after 5 years' service), bonus scheme, employee discount, life assurance, medical insurance, season ticket loan, onsite restaurant, health and well-being programme plus much more.