Permanent Application Consultant
Salary: Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Application Consultant to join a leading technology company. Our client has provided technology all across Europe and have offices based in the UK and Europe. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, migration, upgrades and testing of bespoke software. Candidates must have their own car, as travel throughout the UK is a requirement for this position.
Your duties will include:
- Installation and migration of bespoke Digital Dictation and Speech Recognition software
- Upgrades and testing of bespoke software
- Testing and implementing hotfixes of bespoke software
- Supporting the deployment of bespoke software
- Acting in an advisory and consultancy capacity to all customers on general IT aspects that interact with our software / workflow solutions.
- Creating both internal and external documentation for plans and software fixes.
- Direct liaison with 3rd party supports to log and manage faults through to resolution and implementation on customer sites.
- Completing visit reports, and customer reports in a timely manner to the highest level of quality.
The successful candidate should have:
- At least 4 years experience supporting Windows XP and 7
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experienced in USB hardware
- Proficient in remote access technologies (e.g. RAS, VPN)
- Expert in networking and TCP/IP
- Skilled in Windows Server 2003 and 2008R2 environments
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Competent in software deployment skills and techniques (e.g. SCCM)
- Confident in training end users
To apply for this role, or to find out about other technology jobs, please contact Renay Demoore on the Reading Cloud & Development Recruitment team on or
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.