Business Development Consultant - Investment Sales
A newly created Investment Sales role as part of a growing team.
A leading business providing investment platforms and stockbroker services.
- Develop and manage a strategy to increase our adviser user base for the Managed Portfolio Service and passive fund range
- Develop and manage a strategy to increase our penetration with existing firms in our in house investment platform, the Funds & Shares Service,
- Proactive development of new productive relationships in conjunction with the regional Business Development Manager (BDM)
- Manage regular schedule of updates to advisers on our funds and investment solutions, from bespoke pieces through to standardised monthly updates
- Manage follow-ups to events that we host or present at with a view to gaining feedback or potential new business leads
- Develop and maintain an efficient contact strategy with advisers
- Co-ordinate use of 3rd party data systems, eg Financial Express and Touchstone to identify new business opportunities relevant to our investment solutions
- Reviewing and updating data needed for the sales materials and performance reports.
- Maintain adequate and relevant notes on all activity and key new business relationships
- Take a keen interest and maintain good knowledge of product range
- Be proactive in finding and alerting the investment sales team to potential sales opportunities
- Client-centric attitude, being alert and reactive to customer inquiries and proactive in delivering results
- A self-motivated, driven individual with clear passion and interest for sales
- Strong analytical skills, experience working with data and a high degree of numeracy and expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of CRM systems such as Salesforce and software such as Financial Clarity and Financial Express would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of investment platforms and the associated products available
- Relevant experience in investment sales desirable along with relevant investment qualification
- Level 4 qualified or desire to work towards this, supported by the business
- Excellent customer service skills combined with a confident telephone manner
- Positive attitude with an ability to hit the ground running.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times
Basic salary of £35,000 plus excellent benefits, including;
Package consists of:
- Competitive bonus
- 22 days holiday, increasing by 1 day for every holiday year worked to the max of 29 days (There is also the option to buy extra days)
- DIS-3 times salary
- 3% matched pension contribution
- Reduced fees for PMI
- Study support
- Free access to on site gym