QHSE Officer - Waste Management
Our client, a waste management solutions company are currently seeking an Operational QHSE Officer to join the team at their facility based in south Aberdeen. This is a varied position, which covers all aspects of work within the company in respect of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ). Salary is £28-35k per annum depending on experience, plus an excellent benefits package.
As the Operational QHSE Officer you will be involved and responsible for site visits, audits and inspections along with control of all PPE/RPE Issue, ordering and stock control and ensuring maintenance, service and calibration of all safety critical equipment.
- Provide support to Line Management on all matters regarding HSEQ.
- Provide support to Line Management and workforce on safe systems of work via discussions and the preparation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Carry out regular Audits of all company operations - both onsite and offsite at client premises. Type reports and feedback into QHSE Departments - report any failings to line management.
- Carry out daily inspections of site operations and record findings.
- Complete competency assessments on personnel both onsite and offsite and client premises. Type reports and feedback into QHSE Department.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and complaints, administer and monitor the CAIN System along with QHSE Department.
- Liaise with company doctor on company medical matters.
- Monitor and maintain the company provided PPE, RPE and Safety Equipment including maintaining the Safety Equipment and PSL Register to ensure all equipment is certified and fit for use.
- Arrange for equipment to be tested and certified by 3rd party specialist companies prior to expiry of certification.
- Attend and assist in all disciplinary meetings as requested
- Maintain clear and concise documentation in all matters regarding the role.
- All of these disciplines are included in this role however, these duties are not limited as you may be required to carry out any other reasonable requests as business needs dictate.
If you are interested in the above position and have the relevant skills & experience, please simply click the APPLY button now.