Buyer - Newcastle under Lyme - Salary 25/30k
Working in an established team, responsible for:
- Purchasing of products and components.
- Developing processes to achieve increased efficiencies with the procurement process.
- Negotiating best price for products and services to achieve the best possible profit margin.
- Negotiating cost down agreements.
- Implementation of strategic supplier development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing supplier relationships and proactively identifying opportunities to reduce costs. You will engage in negotiations with suppliers as well as leading resourcing initiatives and VA/VE exercises. You will use your strong technical awareness and knowledge of manufacturing processes to further reduce costs from a design perspective.
The ideal candidate shall ideally have previous buying and/or project costing experience gained within the manufacturing industry for a solid appreciation of the processes involved. Experience of visiting suppliers, for face to face meetings and sales negotiating, would also be an advantage.
Working Arrangements and Rewards:
- Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30, with additional hours as may be required.
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 6 bank and 2 public holidays