General Manager for a fast paced production company. The role has full site P&L responsibility.
Our client is a market leading FMCG company based in Lancashire, part of a global organisation.
- Develop long term plans for the production facilities to meet the sales and marketing objectives of the company.
- To establish clear operational goals and objectives in line with the Strategic and operational plans.
- To review the operational measurable via the introduction and control of effective management tracking systems and to follow-up through established reviews.
- Direct and control the Division's operations to ensure the availability of manufactured output in accordance with agreed budgets and timescales.
- Develop, communicate and ensure the implementation of policy for Manufacturing, Logistics, Process Development, Engineering and Materials to best meet the needs of the company.
- Ensure the continued development of the Divison's product lines to take advantage of all available technological improvements so that the company retains and develops its reputation for advanced, high quality products which meet customer specifications.
- Continually review efficiency and productivity throughout the sites and ensure the development and implementation of programmes to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Ensure industrial relations and HR issues within the production environment are resolved in a fair and equitable manner to promote harmonious industrial relations and a co-operative workforce.
- Recruit, develop and motivate senior management and review organisational arrangements to ensure that the long and short term operating requirements are capable of being successfully achieved. To ensure there are local training and development plans prepared for the management team
- Manage Health and Safety by ensuring that regular workplace inspections take place, accident/incidents are investigated, unsafe acts or conditions are corrected, correcting and commending health and safety performance and conducting appraisals for Managers safety performance.
- Ensure the Environmental Management System is managed, all procedures are adhered to and the system is developed.
- To implement and manage local business operating systems within the facility and to ensure that every member of the team carries out their duties in line with these systems. To ensure the appropriate certification body / registrar is used for all internal / external audits and that customer purposes are introduced and managed effectively.
- To ensure appropriate corrective and preventative action data is incorporated into the management review process to assist in the setting of continuous improvement objectives and priorities.
- To ensure that the business adopts a "Continuous Improvement" culture by allocation of adequate resources which not only retains, but also develops business with assigned customers.
- Motivate personnel to ensure adequate training is provided and that a culture of openness, empowerment, continuous improvement and customer focus is adopted and developed.
- Build and develop strong relationships with customers and peers both locally and within the support structures in the UK.
- To have adequate understanding of the commercial aspects of the business, ensuring that individual contracts are profitable and that relationships with customers are strengthened.
- Ensure that effective communications to other parts of the company are maintained and that all management information is presented in a timely and efficient way.
- To comply with local legislation and Company policy such that the highest possible standards of health, safety and cleanliness are maintained.
- To work with the local Management team within the group to develop and implement Company policies and procedures.
- A proven senior manager / director from a fast paced manufacturing background.
- Customer focus/service - you will need a proven track record dealing directly with your customers
- Committed to the following in equal measures
- Operational excellence
- Commercial/business acumen - must have had full P&L responsibility
- Leadership skills and people development
- Engineering focus/background
- Business/commercial related schooling/education or equivalent
- Clear and focused and upward career journey to date
£70,000 to £80,000 plus bonus, car allowance and benefits