Corporate Title: Up to Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: Enterprise Shared Services
Here in our Bromley office we are looking for a Client Due Diligence (CDD) Specialist to join the Global Refresh team.
The GBAM KYC/AML Refresh is responsible for the periodic refresh of existing clients to ensure that Bank of America meets both the regulatory and internal AML/KYC requirements. The team is responsible for reviewing and approving KYC/AML documentation for the Bank's branches globally for all lines of business including Global Markets, Global Banking and Global Commercial Banking.
The team has a vacancy for an individual with experience of AML/KYC documentation and AML regulations. Knowledge of hedge funds, trusts, partnerships and different corporate structures is a requisite. The role includes a considerable element of conducting external research and maintenance of information electronically, therefore a solid knowledge of PC skills are required as are good organizational skills.
In return we not only offer the training and support you'd expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in Bromley. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
As a CDD Specialist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for ensuring that the business is compliant with all Bank policies and local legal requirements globally
- Ensure that documentation requirements are met and perform Anti-Money Laundering checks on existing clients. This includes independent verification of information supplied by using external research via the internet and vendors such as Mint Global and Banker's Almanac
- Review of completed documentation when received back from client and if appropriate sign off documentation in compliance with local AML regulations
- Follow up on all outstanding issues/escalations
- Provision of guidance, advice and training to other teams with the business on an ad-hoc basis
- Liaise with business partners in Global Finance Crimes Compliance, Fulfilment, Sales and Local Compliance Officer in Europe
As a CDD Specialist your skills, qualifications and competencies will ideally include:
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven knowledge of AML/KYC requirements or Economic Sanctions laws and regulations gained within a corporate environment
- Knowledge of Various Corp Structures e.g. Funds, Trusts Partnerships
- Language skills is advantageous
- Excellent organizational skills
- A flexible, team spirited approach with the ability to work independently
- Solid Risk awareness (Inc. Operational, Compliance, Business & Reputational)
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
- Good MS Office skills
- Results orientation
- Problem solving
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.