Engineering Technician (injection moulding)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Technician to work in a rewarding role based in the Tyne and Wear area. You will be working within a fast moving environment where you will gain fantastic experience with a major blue chip employer, If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- Achievement of pre-determined/set targets.
- Liaise with the Production Supervisor on any problems and concerns.
- Responsibilities will include tool changes, process optimisation & fault finding.
- Setting a variety of injection moulding machines ranging from 220 ton - 2,000 ton.
- Promote high levels of safety together with good housekeeping practices.
- Troubleshooting on all machines to ensure efficient manufacturing of all components.
- Responsible for safe use of all machines and Auxiliary Equipment.
- Monitor and improve cycle times.
- Responsible to Production Supervisor/ Team leader.
- The successful candidate must have good understanding of the injection moulding process, materials, tooling and the programming and operation of robots.
- Must have previous injection mould experience.
- Successful candidate must be BPTA trained.
- Knowledge of continuous improvements.
- Experience of working to KPIs and targets.