Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £25,000 dependant on skills and experience + performance related bonus + company benefits
Building upon the continued growth of our branch, we now have an exciting opportunity for an Insurance consultant to join our team in Newmarket.
You will need to be determined, positive and self motivated with excellent communication and negotiation skills. You will have excellent interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build rapport.
We are very interested in speaking to candidates from a wide background who have the attitude to be a successful client advisor with the intent to progress, experience within commercial insurance is an advantage. This is a great position working in a supportive and friendly team.
What will I be doing?
You will be providing outstanding customer service to a portfolio of clients, increasing retention and enhancing revenue streams.
- Maintaining a portfolio of clients of varying trades and insurance products ranging in values
- Working on renewals, by building on relationships with clients to understand their demands, needs and requirements. Negotiating terms with holding insurer as well as when required alternative insurers to ensure the best terms, covers and premiums are offered.
- Recognise cross and up selling opportunities with existing clients to ensure we Deliver the Firm and offer a complete service to clients.
- Prospect new clients through various mediums and opportunities.
- Increase insurance and product knowledge to enhance own development.
What will I need?
- Experience working within insurance - essential
- Experience within dealing with commercial insurance products- desirable
- Experience working within an insurance broker- desirable
- Cert CII qualified or working towards- desirable
- Experience in using Acturis - desirable
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organisational, administrative, forward planning and team working skills
- A flair for communication, building relationships and influencing others
Who are we and what do we offer?
We are a dynamic organisation employing over 1,500 people in England, Scotland and Wales. Our network of offices means we have a strong local presence, enabling our advisers to provide outstanding levels of service as well as access to a huge range of market leading products.
Our purpose is simple: to build long lasting relationships with our clients based on personal service and technical excellence. We work side-by-side with our commercial and individual clients as their trusted adviser providing insurance, risk management and employee benefits advice and services.
While our network of offices enables us to retain the flexibility, local service and personal touch that is at the heart of our business. For our clients, it's the perfect combination.
Our working hours are Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm.
We have a competitive package, including pension scheme, life assurance and good holiday entitlement.