Shift Maintenance role working on early and late day shifts. Multi-skilled, mechanical bias with a leading UK industrial service provider.
Our client is a UK leading industrial services provider, with a site based in Kendal.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide effective engineering support in terms of planned maintenance, breakdown repairs and remedial works to site equipment and buildings.
- VISION AND VALUES
We take pride in doing what we're best at, delivering unsurpassed levels of service, so our customers can do what they're best at.
Determination - Caring - Empowerment - Teamwork
- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure the Company's disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
- Ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
- Maintain knowledge of all spare parts on site for plant.
- To work within the procedures and standards as determined by the company's written standards.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake planned maintenance tasks as instructed to the relevant engineering and safety standards.
- Undertake repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site are communicated to the Manager.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All activities are carried out in accordance with the Site Health and Safety instructions and the SSG Health and Safety manual, as well as in accordance with relevant engineering standards.
- To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with Health and Safety Policies.
- To ensure that equipment provided for the protection of health and safety is maintained and used appropriately, and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To ensure that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the business
- Problem solving/analytical ability
- Self motivated
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, possibly including night shift
- Must possess a recognised qualification relevant to the role (e.g. mechanical or electrical C&G)
- Skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical trades - mechanical bias.
- Preferred knowledge of other engineering disciplines including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems
£30,000 to £32,000 plus benefits