A leading firm of chartered accountants based in West Yorkshire are looking for an Financial Controller to lead their internal accounting function. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work within a professional services environment where you will have the opportunity to manage a small team who will provide the wider business with regular financial information to allow for strategic planning and growth.
- Provide internal management accounts and related matters, including monitoring WIP, fees and related debt recovery.
- Accounts and financial reporting and preparation of management packs/monthly departmental accounts, to include operating results, financial position and variance analysis.
- Prepare the firm's annual budget and financial accounts
- Periodic forecasting and quarterly valuation of WIP by client and department.
- Highlight KPI's, significant variations and trends and translate into meaningful information.
- Monthly cash flow, monitoring of cash movements, fees, billing and preparation for quarterly VAT returns for the firm.
- Review creditors and debtors, and complete reconciliations of the same
- Supervise a small team
- ACCA/ACA qualified or QBE
- Previously worked at a similar level within a professional services environment , particularly with budgeting and forecasting
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines
Good interpersonal skills and an effective team member
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.