Product Manager (Trainee)
My client is looking for either a Product Manager or a Trainee Product Manager to join their team in Cambridge. The role requires an individual with energy, self-motivation and who is a team player. The role is based within the Marketing team who are responsible for promotion, website content, social media, technical support, exhibitions, pricing and advertising.
The successful applicant will be expected to drive the sales through a variety of channels including our UK sales force, export department and international distributors. Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills are essential to working well across departments and with our international suppliers and partners.
- Develop new business by managing assigned product ranges and the addition of new product lines from existing and new suppliers.
- Work with the Business Development and Technical Director to increase sales of our manufactured products portfolio including exploitation of our Intellectual property in all market sectors.
- Provide Technical Support and cover as required.
- Carry out sales and dealer visits and attend trade shows as required.
- Administer product entry and/or product changes on to websites.
- Provide accurate quotations and respond to UK, European and Overseas customer enquires in a helpful, timely and professional manner.
- Provide and maintain appropriate sales channels via promotions, social media, offers and new product introductions.
- Assist in the structuring and implementation of targeted campaigns, with follow up and dissemination of feedback.
- Liaise with suppliers and other agents as required.
- Complete and maintain accurate records.
- Math’s and English GCSE’s are essential (or equivalent)
- Degree in chemistry e.g. Chemical Industry or Chemical Science.
- Experience of wet Chemistry essential
- Previous sales, web, marketing or general business qualifications and/ or experience would be an advantage for the Product Manager position
- Good verbal communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Previous experience in a laboratory discipline would be an advantage
- Skills in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Quark express, Photoshop or Illustrator would be an advantage
- Familiarity with SAP Business One would be an advantage
- It would be beneficial if the candidate can speak a foreign language
- A team player who is driven by providing efficient operations and thrives on change and constantly striving to improve things around them.
- You must have the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with fellow team members and customers.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Numeracy and organisational skills are essential.
- You must have both energy and be able to energise those around you.
- Be self-motivated.