Healthcare Professional HCP Nurse or Paramedic
Health Care Professional (HCP)
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
Salary: £25,142.85 per annum
Shifts: 32 hours per week, 3 nights, 5 off
This post will involve flexible working across a 24-hour shift rota (days, evenings and night shifts) in a 7 day a week service. You will be required to have access to private transport. Teamwork and flexibility are central to our approach, along with commitment and a “can do” attitude to working in this manner is fundamental.
G4S Medical Services are considered by our existing customers as one of the market leaders within forensic medical services. We have vast experience of providing large scale clinical services on a 24/7 basis having provided forensic medical services to custody and SARC environments for over 9 years. We are a clinically driven company with an equally strong operations management team. Focus is on delivering quality of service and high patient outcomes through the utilisation of a skilled, experienced and professional clinical team supported by both robust clinical and corporate governance processes.
G4S Medical Services recognises and values the differences between people and seeks to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse community within which the company operates. As part of our commitment to the highest standards of employment practices we aim to provide equality of opportunity and fairness to all.
We work together with our customers to deliver effective and efficient quality health and social care in the criminal justice system.
Job Outline: Attending police custody to assess, document and treat detainees and determine fitness to remain in custody.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment/Treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Determination of fitness to be detained in custody
- Determination of fitness to be released
- Determination of fitness to be interviewed and charged: competent to understand charge
- Determination to transfer, or be interviewed by the police detaining body
- Examination and forensic sampling of adult suspects of serious crime
- To carry out examinations in accordance with G4S medical capital services guidelines
- All police calls should be attended without delay
- To be available for court attendance when requested
- To treat the detained person as a patient and make clear that no evidence can be treated in ‘confidence’
The Ideal Candidate:
- HCPC Paramedic or Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Experience of working within financial constraints
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of involvement in innovation or change
- Experience of facilitating in an area of training.
- Familiarity with recruitment and selection of staff
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Able to analyse and interpret management information
- Evidence of delivering a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving License.