London, EC3M 3BD
QBE Insurance Group is one of the world’s top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. QBE is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and is headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 17,000 people in 38 countries.
Project Managers are responsible for delivery of initiatives for European Operations. You will provide overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of assigned projects ensuring consistency of delivery against business and IT strategy, commitments and goals.
You will manage the effective delivery of initiatives that answer the stated requirements and enables business strategic objectives. Projects will be process, people or technology focused. You will work within agreed time and to budget to successfully shape, design and deliver the project, ensuring that it meets business needs with a focus on quality of delivery and using change management tools to implement a smooth transition into service or business as usual.
You will work closely with the Programme Manager in the definition of project, scope and the ongoing lifecycle to ensure that it remains within the agreed definition, business objectives are met and all relevant artefacts are used and maintained.
All Project Managers will be expected to work towards continuous improvement of processes.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing Projects
- Apply the agreed project methodology (Waterfall, Iterative or Agile) and lead change management activities.
- Manage the end to end lifecycle of project including production and maintenance of required artefacts, e.g. Project Plans, risks and issue (RAIDs), budget tracking and project governance.
- Definition of metrics to measure success and monitor change progress
- Apply best practice change management tools and techniques (e.g. Prosci), including Change Impact Assessments, Change management strategy, Stakeholder Analysis and Coaching managers and supervisors through Change (Change Curve, Learning styles etc.)
- Pro-active engagement with the sponsor and stakeholder
- Definition of roles and responsibilities between project, business and 3rd party resources
- Plan, agree and execute communication, training and transition activities with stakeholders
- Planning and execution of business readiness implementation activities
- Work in conjunction with Service Design and Transition resource to ensure effective handover to live service
- Identify and manage inter-dependencies between work streams
- Manage reporting to governance forums, key stakeholders and line management ensuring early sight of exceptions with options and mitigations where appropriate
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure project delivery meets business needs
- Be an advocate of departmental and business unit vision, values and strategy to appropriately align initiatives
- Positively promote the department, division and company as a whole, in order to maximize brand leverage
- Contribute to the development of the team’s business plan in order to maximize service delivery
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Corporate insurance industry (Lloyd’s market would be advantageous).
- Project Management methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative or Agile)
- Business improvement, change management principles, methodologies & tools.
- Project Management or equivalent experience
- Change management desirable
- Establish and maintain strong relationships, influencing others, including senior stakeholders and sponsors
- Manage process improvements
- Estimate resources
- Manage projects of varying sizes and scopes
- Collaborate effectively colleagues
- Manage multi-skilled resources to ensure business focussed outcomes Management of project budgets and finances
- Report writing - develop effective reports, proposals and presentations
- Organizational change from small to large scale.
- Stakeholder management
- Management of third party Vendors matrixed internal teams.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system