Thames House, Rochdale
£7.90 per hour
Thames House is a specialist service for people with Huntingtons Disease. We cater for their physical and mental health and our care and treatment is bespoke. We also have people with acquired brain injury, parkinsons , MS and diabetes. We have a dedicated activities team undertaking group or 1:1 sessions. We have transport available for outings. Service users are encouraged to be independent and make their own decisions and choices. Staff support people to attend appointments and liase with families.
As a Team Leader you are at the heart of the nursing team and your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is a fundamental part in helping our services users to feel respected, included and cared for.
The Team Leader will be support the nurses in maintainting the smooth running of the service whilst they are on duty. You will respond to emergencies and provide guidance and support to care workers.
An NVQ/QCF level 2/3 in health and social care is desirable for this post, equivalent experience may be considered.
Your key tasks will include:
- Support nurses in clinical tasks under supervision
- Assist with the training of new team members
- Communicate effectively with the nursing team
- Assist with on-going assessments on service users, reporting any changes
- Maintain up to date documentation, care plans, charts, etc
- Ensure confidentiality at all times
- Positively promote the reputation of the home
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- On-going development
- Competitive rates of pay
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career progression
- Employee benefits scheme - online shopping, discounts and vouchers