Underwriter (12 Month FTC)
As an Underwriter, you will underwrite credit applications from dealer-introduced businesses.
A successful and award winning Financial Services business that has been established for nearly 20 years.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Underwriter:
- Assess the credit worthiness of individual applications with a view to sanctioning a credit limit approval
- Correct implementation of the Underwriting Pyramid
- Identify and refer any potential fraudulent applications to the Fraud Department
- Validating customer proof of address and income provided either at payout or pre-payout
- Complete Income & Expenditure Assessments with applicants
- Providing support and advice to the Dealer Finance Account Managers and dealerships regarding customer applications and underwriting conditions
The ideal candidate for this Underwriter opportunity will have the following knowledge, experience and understanding:
- Knowledge and understanding of non-prime consumer credit
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines in practice including the Consumer Credit Directive (CCD), Irresponsible Lending Guidelines (ILG), Data Protection Act (DPA), Vulnerable Customers and Money Laundering (AML)
- Working knowledge of Experian, Call Credit (ShareReport, Callvalidate & The Affordability Check)
- Analytical and logical
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills