School Crossing Patrol Officer - Jotmans Hall Primary School
School Crossing Patrol Officer
Location: Jotmans Hall Primary School, Benfleet
Hours: 7.5 hours per week
Are you reliable and willing to work outside in all weathers to ensure the safety of children? Do you care about your community and have a little time to spare?
The role of a School Crossing Patrol officer is to ensure the safety of children and others waiting to cross the road or crossing at a designated point between prescribed times, without detriment to the health and safety of all other road users.
You must be able to work 5 days a week (mornings and afternoons) during school term times. Full training will be provided.
- To have regard for the needs of people with disabilities, especially mobility impaired people wishing to use the crossing point.
- Maintain regular contact with the schools attended by children using the crossing.
- When requested, assist children crossing the road when walking to and from special events.
- To regularly assess the risks associated with operating at the crossing site in order to identify any problems.
- Report problems and defects to supervisor.
- To assist in the preparation of reports on accidents and failure to stop incidents and other incidents occurring at the crossing site.
- To ensure that all uniform and equipment provided is maintained in good condition and replacements requested when needed.
- To give clear signals to drivers when stopping traffic and ensuring that the traffic remains at rest until the road at the crossing point is clear of pedestrians.
- When requested, to assist with road safety and pedestrian training.
- To carry out the Council's policy with regard to the school crossing patrol service, as outlined in the service handbook and other policies and procedures, and Health and Safety requirements.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.