Nursery Assistant Part Time
Nursery Officer - Colchester
Salary: £14,477-£16,300 FTE per annum
Contract type: Fixed Term, one year
Hours: 18 hours per week for 32 weeks per year
ACL is the second largest, council run, adult community learning provider in England.
Little Learners Nursery provide day care to children of adult learners along with community children attending full time or taking up their funded hours. We are registered for 22 children per day aged between birth and 12 during term times only. We are a small team of enthusiastic early years practitioners looking for a likewise candidate.
* Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
* Observe, support and extend children's learning.
* Teach children 'in the moment' and ensure a rich and diverse play experiences are offered both indoors and outside.
* Maintain accurate and effective children's records.
* Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
* Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
* Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, when necessary, to follow Child Protection Procedures.
* Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
* Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
* Be responsible for participating in all self-development activities including termly supervision meetings, appraisals and staff meetings etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent.
* Paediatric First Aid Certificate (desirable)
* Evidence of continual professional development
* Up to date knowledge of Prevent and Safeguarding policies
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
* A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
* Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
* Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
* Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
* Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
* Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
* Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.