As a Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for the financial accounting for a number of the operating entities within the Group.
This will involve the preparation and distribution of monthly MI packs as well as being a key contributor to statutory and regulatory reporting. The role will involve working closely with the Commercial business units to fully understand performance, highlighting any risks in a timely manner.
As the business continues to evolve, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing the Groups' financial reporting.
This will require you to draw upon your experience and commercial awareness to develop a 'bestpractice' approach to Financial Reporting. In addition, it will be a key responsibility to promote and improve the financial control environment within the Group. Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed, risks and emerging issues documented for early discussion and making control / efficiency improvements throughout.
Pro activity, willingness and a hands-on approach will be key to success in this role.
• Production of accurate, timely monthly management information
• Assist in the production of group consolidated P&L, CF & BS
• Production of monthly management accounts pack for the senior management team
• Input and understanding into the regulatory reporting requirements
• Analysis and reporting of revenue and expenditure, highlighting any variances and identifying key trends
• Overhead variance analysis and reporting
• Provide control over and reporting of the balance sheet, identifying areas of risk
• A significant input into the audit process
• Support statutory, regulatory and other reporting
• Actively contribute to the Groups annual budgeting/forecasting process, completing detailed models forecasting entity performance
• Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement in the control environment
• Opportunities to be involved with ad hoc / project work from around the business.
• A fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial business
• Proactive thinking and a natural desire to improve and enhance
• Extensive knowledge and ability to design a strong financial control environment
• Ability to demonstrate the tenacity to deliver excellence to our internal stakeholders
• Previous responsibility for company reporting of both management information and statutory returns
• A track record of improving a business’s financial control
• Positive work ethos, desire to make a differences and get tasks completed