Digital Proof Reader
Digital Proof Reader - Histon - up to £14 per hour - 35 hours per week
Are you available immediately?
I am currently working with an award winning publishing organisation in Histon who are looking for a Digital Proof Reader to join them on a temporary ongoing basis.
As the Digital Proof Reader you will be responsible for checking content at various points in the article pipeline, liaising with editorial teams and external production suppliers regarding queries and corrections.
• Accurately pre-process articles following set guidelines for house-style (following Extyles).
• Generate author queries following established guidelines for minimum requirements.
• Approve content and authorise AOA posting according to editorial requirements
• Use agreed checklists to ensure that all required elements are present and formatted correctly and that layout adheres to set rules
• Liaise with in-house editorial staff about corrections and author queries
• Escalate problems according to urgency, especially when publishing dates could be compromised
• Check non-journal material such as company website content, job ads, marketing materials to ensure that company content is error free
This role is on a temporary/ contract basis however for the right candidate can transfer in to a permanent role
• Free onsite parking
• Excellent faculties
• Good access for public transport/ commuting from Cambridge and the A14