Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Cordius is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join a well-known, international company that offers a bespoke and unique environment where every day is different, unpredictable and lively.
Location: Chertsey; Surrey
Salary: £34,200 + Attractive Benefit Package
Shifts: Double Days (No Nights)
Key Skills: Mechanical Maintenance, Schematics, Pneumatics, Hydraulics
The ideal candidate will be from either manufacturing, production, military, service or heavy industries and will be able to read and understand electrical drawings and schematics; will have knowledge of AC/DC drives, as well as experience of PPM’s and fault-finding.
- A good knowledge of mechanical engineering and the ability to carry out planned and un-planned safety inspection and maintenance work
- To have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a recognised qualification e.g. City & Guild, BTEC, NVQ level 3, ONC in a mechanical engineering discipline as a minimum qualification
- Experience of fabrication, particularly coded welding - desirable but not essential
- The ability to read and understand schematic drawings in order to carry out effective fault finding and diagnostics. Experience of working with hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams is essential
- Electrical principals appropriate to actuation of mechanical systems
- Experience of Health & Safety procedures relevant to engineering activities and the safe handling of heavy equipment
- Experience of PPM systems of work
- Ability to work at height and confined spaces
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.