Software Engineer - Algorithm and Scripting - Life Science Tech
A superb career opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer (Algorithm and Scripting) has been created at an exciting new microfluidic 'lab-on-chip' life science technology spinout set to revolutionise the life science, healthcare and biotech sectors based in Oxfordshire. The Software Engineer (Algorithm and Scripting) will be a key member of the development team, responsible for the design and implementation of algorithms and automation scripts to control lab-on-a-chip devices. This is the position for an ambitious Software Engineer looking to work in fast growing technology spinout offering exceptional career opportunities and of course an attractive financial package, including bonus and benefits is on offer.
This Life Science company's novel microfluidics platform can automate tests currently conducted by traditional test tube methods and in the process offers unprecedented control, speed, accuracy and flexibility. The technology has exciting potential and as such has significant financial backing from its international parent company to bring the technology to market.
The company have ambitious growth plans and career opportunities are excellent as the company develops and grows significantly.
To be considered for the role of Software Engineer (Algorithm and Scripting) - Life Science Technologies you need the following:
* Educated to degree level at a leading university in a computer science, engineering or mathematics
* Experience coding in C++ and/or C#
* Experience coding in Python and embedded scripting languages (e.g. IronPython in .NET applications)
* Experience developing algorithms for instrumentation control, game development, computer vision applications or equivalent
* Able to communicate clearly and concisely with other members of a multi-disciplinary team
* Ability to deliver to deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Masters or PhD degree in software related field
* Experience in any of the following:
o Version control software (ideally subversion or git)
o Agile software development methodologies
o Test driven development methodologies
o Software system testing, including automated tests
o Hardware drivers and communication protocols (e.g. USB)
Location: Oxford (commutable from Reading, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Swindon, Banbury)
Salary: £30k - £45k + Bens (Relocation package at companies discretion for applicable candidates)
If you feel this is the position for you, or for more details, please phone Adam at Vector Recruitment or drop him an email with your CV attached