AAT Management Accounts Technician
A highly regarded company based in central Truro are looking to recruit an experienced Management Accounts Technician on a 3 month assignment
Generic role of post:
To work with the company’s administration team supporting the day to day operations of the company and to support the Director of Finance in preparing the monthly management accounts and tax returns.
- To support the company’s administration team with the weekly routine of paying temporary workers and invoicing customers.
- To maintain an accurate sales ledger and to assist with the recovery of debts from the company’s debtors. Including direct communication with outstanding debtors by telephone. Liaising with the company solicitors as required.
- To assist with the produce of the monthly management accounts for the company in conjunction with the Director of Finance.
- To assist with the operation of a payroll as required.
- To assist with the design and setting up of controls and procedures which will enable to company to improve its administration and financial systems.
- To assist with preparation of government statutory statistical and tax returns.
- To assist in the production of adhoc reports as required.
- To provide general support to the office manager as directed.
- To follow the College’s Financial Procedures and Regulations.
- Any other duties required by the Director of Finance consistent with the grade and general responsibilities of the post.
Any special conditions attaching to the post:
Essential: Minimum - Part qualified AAT
Good IT skills, especially spreadsheets
Proven track record of using compute account packages
Desirable: Qualified AAT
Proven track record of working in a finance support role
Essential: Experience of working in a busy business finance office
Desirable: Previous debt collection/recovery
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing and able to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Flexible and committed to working to meet deadlines
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team and own initiative in some aspects of role
- Good customer service skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960276860