We are currently recruiting for a permanent Payroll Assistant to work within our Payroll Team based in Manchester paying £24,000 per annum.
Hours of Work - 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Finance focus - Contributing to the profitability of the organisation through the control of costs/resources
- Optimising personal productivity to ensure that the payroll team meets its Payroll Service level targets
- Working diligently to avoid errors on the payrolls and working with HR and site administrators to minimise all types of mistakes on the payroll. This will help reduce and ideally avoid overpayments, re-work, special runs and faster payments
- Requesting BACS re-calls, manual re-calculations, special runs and faster payments, as required, to minimise the financial impact of errors on employees and Company Profit and Loss accounts
- Considering the impact that payroll transactions have on the general ledger when making adjustments on the payroll
- Requesting re-calculations of payslips where necessary to determine overpayment values. Recording overpayments in the overpayment log. Working with HR to provide breakdowns of overpayments to assist with debt recovery from staff and former employees
- Taking on and covering the work of colleagues who are on holiday, off sick or vacant posts to reduce the need to employ temporary staff
- Minimum 2 years Payroll Administration Experience
- Good basic knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Must be PC Literate (Excel – basic level, Word – basic)
- 2 years of working in a team environment
- Experience of working on a large / high volume payroll e.g. 400 weekly employees
- Strong customer service
- Knowledge of ADP’s Freedom payroll software
- IPPM Foundation in Payroll Administration (or part way through studying/willing to study)
- Knowledge of Qtac payslip checking software
- Private Medical insurance experience an advantage
- Experience of running the payroll process “end to end”
- Pension Scheme administration experience
- Experience of using JD Edwards (accounting software)
Ability to demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Adheres to Company and Statutory policies and procedures.
- Modifies their approach/methods to reach a goal.
- Willing to participate and be an effective contributor to the team.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Compliance and flexibility
- Develops a personal style that is not likely to be abrasive to colleagues or sites.
- Able to evaluate data and courses of action and to reach logical decisions.
- Enthusiastically handles the details and paperwork associated with the job.
- Believes in their own job and its value to the organisation.
- Puts in extra effort, even though it may not always be in their own self-interest
- Sets high personal performance standards
For further information or to discuss your application please contact Melisa at the The InVictus Group on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960277585