This well established and fast growing company now have a fantastic opening for a Senior Java Developer to complement their dynamic global team. The successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for technology and an appetite for solving complex programming problems. This Java Developer role will find you working on data intensive systems used by top companies in the retail sector.
Key responsibilities for the Java Developer
- Professional software development skills in Java SE 7+ and Java EE knowledge
- Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively
- Driven by a desire to solve complex design problems or software bugs using both logical and creative approaches
- Ability to work alone, lead small teams, or liaise with other work streams to delivering software to rapid fixed deadlines
- Experience in FDLC, understanding of unit testing as part of the software development cycle, following TDD
As a Senior Java Developer, you'll have a strong academic background in OO Principles combined with hands-on Java programming experience. A knowledge of programming frameworks such as Spring or Hibernate would also be an advantage.
On a daily basis the Java Developer will be doing the following:
- Evaluating requests for new systems development, system updates or new functionality
- Developing solutions using Java, HTML5, CSS3, using CSS pre-processing
- Implementing development frameworks, configuring systems, systems documentation and release
The job may require some visits to client sites - locally.
Some of the benefits of the job
- Play a key role in a mid sized company
- Work on innovative software used by retailers globally
- Opportunities to learn on the job and scope for career progression
So if you are looking for a Senior level Java Developer role in the Chelmsford area, then please apply now for immediate consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960277602