T2M Resourcing are recruiting a Financial Controller for this leading Financial Services company. This is a permanent position but we will also consider interim candidates until a permanent appointment is made. Based in the East Midlands and reporting to the CFO, this key appointment will focus on the leadership and development of the Finance team to meet regulatory and financial reporting requirements for the business.
Responsible for implementing and managing rigorous processes and approved internal controls to ensure the complete, accurate and timely processing of transactions to comply with US GAAP and local accounting policies. Your would partner with the Head of FP&A to ensure relevant and accurate financial reporting is provided to the business and external parties.
- Meet the stringent reporting timetable to produce complete, accurate, timely and auditable financial and regulatory accounting.
- Produce financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and local accounting standards.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the reporting processes, ensuring that key controls are in place and are operational, including account reconciliation procedures.
- Manage Tax (Direct and Indirect) returns with the support of external consultants where appropriate.
- Responsible for the alignment of financial and regulatory reporting with Group, where required. This will involve the implementation of Hyperion for consolidation and the implementation of Oracle in the future.
- Provide accounting support in the development of new products and the creation of accounting memoranda to support the rationale for the accounting of new transactions.
- Ensure processes are efficient and improvements identified are implemented.
- Maintain the SoX control environment ensuring it complies with Internal Audit and Group requirements
- Responsible for the performance management of the financial accounting and regulatory teams.
- Manage the Solvency II reporting process.
- Maintain strong working relationships with Actuarial, Claims, Underwriting, Internal Audit, Operations and Group ensuring effective management of data flows.
- Ensure a robust framework for treating customers fairly (TCF) is adhered to
Qualifications and Experience required:
- The successful candidate will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar)
- Proven experience within a financial services organisation and able to demonstrate consistent progression and experience of managing and developing a team.
- Experience in US GAAP, UK GAAP and European regulatory reporting requirements, preferably in the insurance industry (IFRS experience beneficial, but not required)
- Experience in working with Oracle, or similar GL packages, and Microsoft office products
- Strong organizational, supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Able to clearly present quantitative information to all levels of management and the Board of Directors and effectively interact and communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse workforce in multiple countries
- Able to demonstrate Integrity, Accountability; Teamwork & Entrepreneurial Spirit
To apply please forward your CV with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960274863