Lead Infrastructure Architect (System Management) (Home Based)
A Lead Infrastructure Architect is required to join a leading global IT Solutions and managed systems provider. With increasing client demand for cloud migration services an opportunity has arisen for a Lead Infrastructure Architect with a good knowledge of design and delivery of cloud migration projects to join their existing team.
As a Lead Infrastructure Architect you will be responsible for designing on prem and cloud solutions with an emphasis on the Systems Management layer. For this role you must enjoy being 'hands on' when required as well as being able to take a higher level, more strategic view of projects.
As a Lead Infrastructure Architect you will have the ability to present POCs and talk to clients about the viability and efficacy of proposed solutions through the sales cycle and then work with internal teams through the delivery phase.
If you are an Architect who enjoys working with cutting edge technology, implementing Systems Management Processes / Frameworks. this could be a perfect opportunity for you - there will also be the need for some European travel.
Lead Infrastructure Architect
- Development of services in the area of cloud solutions such as PaaS and SaaS as well as for Remote Infrastructure Management
- Creation of customer-specific solution concepts
- Support of the development of platform-based IT solutions in collaboration with our experts from application development, taking into account agile development methods such as DevOps
- Optimization of operating processes and tool environments in our service centers
- Support of sales and presales activities
- Create technical sales materials and coaching the staff in our sales team
- Support project offers and provision of service descriptions
- Support solution implementation during delivery
Required Experience / Skills:
- At least five years of professional experience in IT architecture
- Basic knowledge of Linux / Unix / Windows / Networking / Storage environments as well as Cloud architectures and Public Cloud Solutions
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Network Concepts, Automation, Virtualization, IT Security, ADS, DNS, Software Defined Solutions, Backup, Disaster Recovery, NOC, CMDB
- First experiences in transition and transformation projects (for example, migration from on premise to the cloud)
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual who can think holistically and in detail when needed. You will be joining this solutions team in its infancy and the opportunity to help develop the practice and contribute to its growth is second to none.
In addition, you must be flexible to travel to travel to/from Europe engaging with various stakeholders. In return you will be rewarded with excellent benefits and career prospects.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80320484