Maintenance Engineer - FULL TIME - £30,000 - £40,000 Depending on exeprience + Quarterly Bonus
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Our Client employ over 70 people at it plant in St Neots. The plant essentially offers a metal cutting service using the Chemical etching to produce bespoke metal components for many high tech industries. Many of the customers are 'Blue Chip' involved with the development of leading-edge products. The plant operates from 24 hours - 6am Monday to 5pm Friday. The company takes great pride in developing a team spirit within a friendly working environment. The company has grown by offering very fast turnaround times and great customer service on small orders.
Our Client are looking for a replacement maintenance engineer to join the team prior to the retirement of an existing engineer. This is a key role, ensuring plant and equipment is kept running. Unplanned downtime of critical equipment can have serious impact on the service we are able to offer our customers.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you are responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
Responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems.
- Maintain/inspect all plant and equipment as per agreed Preventive Maintenance Schedule
- Finding and fixing equipment faults or potential issues ideally before they become breakdowns
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts
- Continually identify opportunities for improvement in existing maintenance schedules and/or routines
- Installation of New plant/equipment
- Responding immediately to critical equipment breakdowns
- Ordering/stocking of spare parts
- Supervise machine operator led maintenance routines & inspect work for completeness.
- Ensuring that work carried out by contractors is completed on time and is compliant/to standard
- Overhauling equipment when necessary
- Communicate maintenance schedules effectively to relevant staff
- Risk assessments prior to new tasks
- Maintaining building wiring
- Key holder - attends call outs
- Responsible and hard working with an ability to meet tight deadline
- Flexible - evening/weekend/shut down working likely at times
- Problem solver
- Use an effective process for personal planning and productivity
- Ability to identify and progress the most important priorities
- Good management and prioritisation of incoming demands
- Good self renewal/stress/energy Management
- Work in a clean, tidy and safe manor that does not impact on other employees
- Must have experience working in a similar role previously
- Electrically experienced/qualified
- Able to demonstrate electrical fault finding
- PLC fault finding an advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Salary dependent on Experience
- Quarterly bonus
Salary is depending on experience this is a full time opportunity for the right person.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80323565