Section Engineer - Major Project - Birmingham
Are you looking for work on a major local project?
We're currently recruiting a Site Engineer for a £100m+ project in the West Midlands.
Our client are a Main contractor undertaking a large proportion of the work on the project and are looking for a Site Engineer with previous Rail/ Highways experience.
- Setting out of civil engineering works within the operating area.
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification.
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environment.
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise and attend regular meetings with the Section Engineer/ Sub Agent/ Site Agent to update on progress of works.
- Read and understand construction and other drawings, specifications and other technical information.
- Calculate quantities and understand construction measurement methods.
- Requisition of materials
- Understand plant and equipment
- Produce/ assist in the production of method statements, inspection and test plans and risk assessments and to ensure compliance of the same.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent (BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering is desirable).
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
- Experience of working within the civil engineering industry for a main contractor (essential).
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time.
- Team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence
- Valid CSCS card
If you require more informaiton please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80320355