Finance Systems Analyst
Providing a link between finance and operations the role will deliver high quality systems and financial operations data for all divisions of this listed business. The individual will need to influence stakeholders, working closely with local Controllers and Finance Directors and operational management. The role is based at Group and reports into the Group FC.
My client is a market leader in its field with operations around the world. They provide a niche service to their clients and hold an enviable reputation for what they do. As a listed business they continue to grow both organically and acquisitively.
- To ensure all group companies and operations have the systems and processes to report on an accurate and timely basis in line with group reporting requirements - specifically this will include bringing group reporting to a new agreed time frame using current accounting systems
- To ensure that monthly reporting and controlling processes are robust and effective, with appropriate internal controls in place - to include reconciliations performed monthly on all accounts, appropriate authorisation and sign off of accounts, appropriate segregation of duties and transaction support and documentation
- To develop a suite of Key Performance Indicators (financial and non-financial) to help understand key drivers and enhance business performance
- Working closely with operations on development of non-financial KPIs
- Enhance the delivery system in terms of time, accuracy and relevance
- To develop robust system and process for operations and board reporting, including the PLC reporting
- To develop a Corporate Dash Board of key metrics both historical and forward looking to be available to key management
- To work with the group finance team on improvements in the consolidation processes for actual, budgeting and forecast reporting
- To work with operations finance teams on improvements in the operations reporting processes for actual, budgeting and forecast reporting
- To build cash reporting systems with the Treasury function for a daily dashboard
- To develop the accounting and operational systems and related financial processes to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- To ensure the finance systems are adequate to support the developing financial reporting requirements of the organisation.
- To provide finance systems technical and financial support to the Finance team, training other users. Proactively examining processes and seeking ways to improve, automate or otherwise extract efficiency.
- Management of Sage 200 - Control of central databases and user access levels.
- Undertake a full review of all companies use of the system and implement process improvements and systems functionality not currently used to remove the inefficiencies and reliance on Excel based reconciliations and reporting.
- Provision of training for processing, management accounts and finance department heads, to ensure all are capable of using the system to its potential.
- Act as project manager for a variety of extensive IT programmes to be undertaken.
- Good interpersonal skills with an aptitude for dealing with people in various contexts, employing tact and diplomacy. Able to work using own initiative, making decisions and implementing across the organisation. Pro-active and forward thinking in nature - ability to show creativity and apply problem solving skills to issues.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, CIMA, ACCA.
- Systems proficiency in Microsoft office Excel to an advanced level (including Microsoft Power Query) and expertise in a variety of accounting and reporting software packages essential.
- Proven track record to assess areas of need, arrive at solutions to meet a variety of user's needs, and project manage their development and implementation.
- Confident to gain the support of senior management to make systems changes and with a character able to manage potential reluctance to these changes from users.
- Technically strong, with a wide range of financial and management accounting expertise essential.
- It is likely that the individual will currently be in a similar position, or a financial manager with a remit for managing financial IT systems.
Pension, Private Health care, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960271470