2nd Line Application Support Engineer
2nd Line Application Support Engineer
Salary: Market rate
Reporting to: Service Desk Manager
Hunter Macdonald are currently looking for an experienced application support engineer / developer to join us on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will provide 2nd line support expertise and problem management ownership to resolution, for a wide range of applications used by internal and external customers.
Based in Derby, this is a great opportunity to join one of the most exciting, innovative, prestigious and forward thinking technology enabled organisations in the UK.
- The role will support the transition and ongoing delivery of services for one of the UK's most exciting development programmes.
- Expected to accurately identify, resolve, escalate and record IT problems via the ITSM Remedy tool, phone and email.
- Respond to and resolve 2nd line Application incidents and requests to maintain/exceed contracted service levels.
- Be aware of and push achievement of KPI's and SLA, OLA.
- Regularly communicate with the users and wider Managed Service team to keep them updated and informed.
- Ensure a proactive approach to providing excellent customer service is maintained.
- Maintain accurate service and incident records and update the ITSM tool accordingly.
Essential experience, knowledge and background required
- Service Desk experience is essential as is customer and supplier management skills encompassing working closely with 3rd line support and developers.
- The right candidate will have exceptional customer service skills and a good understanding of ITIL end user support
- Good experience with an ITSM service desk tool preferably BMC Remedy.
- Good understanding of monitoring systems. Preferably BMC Patrol or Nimsoft but not mandatory
- ITIL v3 experience / knowledge
- Good rounded knowledge of IT infrastructure, networks, applications and integration.
- Candidate must be currently or willing and eligible to achieve SC Clearance
Beneficial experience, knowledge and background
- The ability to organise time and schedules to the customer requirements together with accurate documentation management and SharePoint updates.
- Mentality of first time fix
- Experience of working with and management 3rd party support
Hunter Macdonald works with some of the most exciting, innovative and recognisable brands in the world. Headquartered in the UK, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the UK and have built a reputation for developing our team to ensure they fulfil their career aspirations. As a company, we focus on helping organisations make better use of technology and we are recognised as being, not only one of the most successful companies of the past few years, but also a company that is disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector.
Our reputation is built on providing our clients with absolute certainty that Hunter Macdonald will deliver the outcomes specified and that their critical systems are managed to the highest standards.
Hunter Macdonald have ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multi-million pound projects, offering a fantastic opportunity for all permanent members of staff to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career.
This is an excellent opportunity work for one of the fastest growing companies in the UK within our friendly and ambitious team. If you are interested in being a part of our continued success please let us know.
If you are not successful in this opportunity we will keep your CV on our database for review against future opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960272011