Martin-Baker is the world's leading manufacturer of ejection seats and related equipment.
It is the only company that can offer a fully integrated escape system that satisfies the very latest in pilot operational capability and safety standards. Martin-Baker offers a complete 'end-to-end service’, from helping the customer to establish operational safety and escape requirements, including design, development and qualification, to on-going support throughout the entire service life of the aircraft.
A vacancy has arisen for a Commercial Accountant working in the Finance department at the Denham site. The role holder is responsible for undertaking a variety of high visibility project improvement activities alongside and under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Internal Management and Board Reporting
- To review current accounting reports provided to all Board members and to improve, revise, refresh and make more timely as necessary
- External Financial Reporting
- Review existing process and work with Chief Financial Accountant and external Accountants / Auditors to reduce reporting time frame
- Manage the production of the Annual Shareholders’ report
- Business Accountability Measurement
- Audit existing business measures and assess their relevance to business strategy
- Develop a set of KPI’s for the business to adopt as its primary, long-term set of measures
- Work with business to develop
- Strategic Segmentation
- Full review of selling margins to understand varying profitability by product / market segment
- Development and presentation of income statements by segment
- Banking Relationship Reviews
- Work with CFO to improve allocation and return on company bank deposits
- Contract Profitability Assessments and Investment Analysis
- Work closely with the Commercial team to ensure that contract profitability assessments are supportable with reference to net profit by segment
- Target investment viability and due diligence reviews (if required)
- Internal Control Improvement & Risk Management
- Take full ownership of ensuring that Internal Controls are agreed with Audit Committee and implemented at Martin-Baker UK, US and Australia, reporting any non-compliance to CFO and committee
- Support the business’s increasing focus on Risk Management by providing support to the Risk Manager
- General Finance Department Process Improvement
- A variety of departmental projects e.g. development and implementation of a revenue recognition policy, SAP improvement and automation activities
- Transfer Pricing
- Work with external advisors to ensure that transfer pricing policies are compliant and efficient
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A recognised UK Accounting qualification
- Ability to work across multiple tasks at the same time liaising with multiple departments
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- A creative problem solve
- Good working knowledge of UK Accounting Practices
- Excellent Excel skills
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
The ideal applicant will have a previous practice or industry Accounting experience during / following qualification and a drive and passion to understand and improve business performance. The ability and desire to challenge current procedures and methodologies and resist “group-think” is also essential.
For all successful candidates, Martin-Baker will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960271786