Junior Furniture Technologist
This is a newly created role within the Product Technology function. Reporting to the Head of Product Technology, the Junior Furniture Technologist will be ed to the furniture category and in collaboration with the Head of Product Technology will ensure all products within the category meet required product performance, safety and legislative standards. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the product category through key milestones on the critical path, incorporating the sealing stages and ensuring test reports are on the system prior to the product going to market.
- Developing an understanding of the manufacturing processes to support challenging supplier costs and developing an understanding of the safety requirements within the product category.
- Working with buying and third party suppliers to resolve manufacturing issues in a timely fashion whilst preserving brand standards and good quality.
- Analysing returns and working with suppliers to identify and resolve root cause.
- Ensuring all product documentation is compliant with legislative and quality requirements.
- Working across a broad range of stakeholders including design, buying and third party suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate within an engineering or scientific discipline or alternatively you will have experience within a product technology role ideally within a retail or manufacturing environment. You will demonstrate:
- A commercial approach combined with a strong attention to detail.
- A good understanding of the manufacturing process combined with experience of working to deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders.
About the Brand
Becoming a parent is a big step, and big steps need good companions. We've made it our mission to be here for the next generation of parents. Helping them through pregnancy and beyond with products, advice and experiences they need to grow the lifestyle they want. From our Head Office in Huddersfield, Mamas & Papas looks after 30 stores and 100 trusted stockists in the UK and Ireland. With stores and partnerships in more than 40 countries around the world, wherever they are, we help our customers to bring baby into their world, their way.
About the Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll be entitled to lots of exciting benefits* including:
Fit us round your life with flexible working hours.
Enjoy time off with up to 35 days holiday.
We'll help secure your future with at least 3% contribution.
Receive peace of mind with a generous entitlement plan.
Take advantage of 35% off Mamas & Papas products.
Take the sting out of childcare with our voucher scheme.
Enjoy subsidised Starbucks, free tea and coffee, Wi-Fi and more at our social hub.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960269801