Bookkeeper -Top 30 Practice
Top 30 Practice with an amazing footprint in East Anglia, is looking to add an experienced Bookkeeper/ Payroll Assistant to their Norwich office. A fantastic package awaits at this progressive firm.
Ideally you will have a mixed bookkeeping and payroll background, with the ability to produce account reconciliations, VAT returns and able to provide assistance in the payroll process for the firm.
The main purpose of this role is to provide accurate processing of our clients' bookkeeping and payrolls. This will involve processing the client's information from core records to produce a VAT return and management accounts. The candidate will be trained internally on bookkeeping and payroll software.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- To undertake a range of basic Bookkeeping tasks and assignments where necessary
- To undertake computerised and manual bookkeeping - including accounts file setup, income review and reconciliation, purchase ledger review and reconciliation, VAT returns, nominal ledger review and reconciliation, bank reconciliation, overall expenditure review, resolving queries by liaison with clients
- To reconcile and to resolve any issues with reference to both client and to the Price Bailey Business Team
- To develop knowledge of a cloud bookkeeping solution such as Xero or QuickBooks Online
- To provide excellent customer service, helping to develop and maintain client relationships
- To help maintain and improve quality standards.
- To effectively manage from start to finish straight forward and more complicated payroll assignments manually, on Star Payroll or other payroll software packages.
- Assist with queries from clients and internally within the team.
- Process payroll end of year returns.
- To reconcile and to resolve any issues with reference to both the client and to the Price Bailey Business Services Team
- To record the time spent on tasks accurately and in accordance with the Price Bailey client time recording system
- To keep skills up to date and learn new skills as the client work demands
- Assist with auto enrolment for both payroll clients and support external clients too
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Previous Sage or similar experience preferable
- Demonstrate knowledge of bookkeeping and basic understanding of payroll
- Ideally supporting experience in bookkeeping and payroll
Training and Development
- Learning further skills on the job by working with an experienced and knowledgeable team.
- CPD programme
- AAT study support
- Ad-hoc training courses will be considered such as software training etc
- 5 days per week, Monday to Friday (09:00-17:30).
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
- 20/25 days Holiday pro-rata depending on qualification status (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days annually under our flexible benefits scheme).
- Life Assurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Free Parking.
Please contact Bill Brace at Taylor Hawkes for further information.