Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive international growth? The Company are a global engineering business supplying bespoke engineered products and engineered solutions to some of the largest manufacturing companies and defence contractors worldwide.
With a UK based Head Office, the company has been trading for over 120 years and has over 1000 staff members worldwide working across 25 global sites. There are seven manufacturing facilities, one situated on every continent. The company focuses on industrial gearboxes, power transmission, rotating equipment and drive units supplying every major sector. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to help drive this organic growth across the world.
Acting under the direction of the Lead Systems Engineer, to work flexibly within the Engineering team on the assigned gearbox requirements engineering planning, definition and management activities including generation and control of technical specifications. The scope of the Systems Engineering task will include specification of transmission and other supporting sub systems and equipment such as couplings, bearings, instrumentation, lubrication systems and test equipment for example.
You will be responsible for:
- Requirements definition and capture for geared transmission systems and associated sub-systems & components.
- Requirements definition for test equipment and procedures for gearboxes and associated sub-systems & components.
- Manage assigned requirements scope and control scope 'creep'.
- At least 3 years in a relevant systems engineering/requirements management role. ideally in a custom mechanical product engineering environment.
- Understanding of product requirements capture and control methods.
- General/outline familiarity with the operating systems of an engineering business
Preferred, (but not essential) Requirements:
- Involved with heavy automotive transmissions or similar machinery, ideally in the defence sector.
- Good understanding of systems engineering and requirements management approaches.
- Practical experience of industry standard requirements management software tools such as DOORS.
- Familiarity with defence industry working level data control and security requirements.
Your new role will offer a range of opportunities for European travel along with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you fit the criteria and are interested in applying for this position then please click apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960264122