Systems Developer / Shropshire
Commutable from Shrewsbury, Telford, Welshpool, Oswestry, Wolverhampton
Salary up to £30k
Fantastic opportunity to join a well-established, global, successful business in Shropshire (close to travel links)
The Systems Development role will be responsible for managing the systems development, improving current systems / processes and be integral in developing and recommending new product innovations moving forward.
- The Systems Developer will be working closely with a variety of stakeholders across the business and external CMS development partners.
- Database design, creation and administration
- Development and support of in-house reporting and collaboration systems
- Testing/QA - identifying and fixing system issues (including newer data solutions products)
- Acting as primary point of contact for technical queries and ensuring these are actioned as appropriate
- Developing high quality technical project specifications, plans and documentation, working with project leads to exactly define requirements
Systems Developer Key skills -
- 3+ years' experience in a similar systems developer role.
- Experience specifying varied systems development projects, and managing these projects through to a successful conclusion within agreed timescales.
- Excellent working knowledge of web technologies including -
- Also XML (XSLT, XPath) and integration protocols such as REST, SOAP, JSON.
- Programming experience and good working knowledge of SQL is also preferable.
You will be proactive and motivated - able to work well under your own initiative, keen to stay on top of the latest technologies and quick to acquire new skills where necessary.
You will be a good communicator - able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people from novice users to technical experts
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960267052