Devops Engineer, Hampshire
DevOps Engineer, Mid Level
SO30 Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire
£40-45k including benefits, pension, Health, Gym ++ Dependent upon experience
We have an opportunity for a mid-level DevOps engineer to join our existing DevOps team. You will play an instrumental part in defining, building and documenting our DevOps processes, as well as troubleshooting and resolving installation, implementation, and production issues. You will work across both technical operations and engineering, as we endeavour to create and deploy the most highly regarded business software platform on the planet.
Our culture is open and collaborative plus you’ll get to work in an inclusive open-plan office with lots of like-minded individuals. Joining our technical division is an opportunity to help shape the direction and development of some truly unique and advanced systems used to provide actionable insight to some of the world's most recognised brands.
The Devops Engineer opportunity
As a DevOps Engineer you will be joining a technical team of more than 30 members most of which are based in the Southampton office as well as our other offices across the world. The team consists of product managers, software engineers, testers, SCRUM Masters and DevOps engineers working together with the latest tools to help build, deploy, monitor, test and run our world class research SaaS platform.
The ideal candidate will have some experience of working with web applications and a passion for DevOps. You will also have a deep interest in your work and community, and enjoy being given challenges. You will be given the opportunity to innovate and encouraged to participate in rapid prototyping, hackathons, and a culture that accepts that some mistakes and failures are a natural result of moving fast, being agile and on the bleeding edge.
You’d be the perfect Devops Engineer if:
- You have 2-3 years of commercial experience in a similar role
- You have experience with RedHat-based Linux distributions (bonus if you have RHCSA or RHCE certification)
- You have demonstrable knowledge of writing scripts (Bash, PHP, Python, etc.)
- You are familiar with Continuous Integration pipelines
- You have experience with hosting complex web applications at scale
- You are fluent with relational and NoSQL databases
- You are familiar with monitoring and troubleshooting web applications
- You have experience with configuration management tools (i.e. Ansible, Puppet) and Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform)
- You have experience with containers (Docker and/or Kubernetes) and cloud computing (extra points for AWS certifications)
- You have a passion for automation and continuous improvement
You’d have these skills:
- Clear and concise communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Able to write technical documentation and comfortable sharing knowledge.
- Able to adapt to, and be enthusiastic about, today's fast-changing technical landscape
- Able to triage and prioritise issues
- Troubleshooting and resolving installation, implementation, and production issues
- Operating and managing our development, testing and production environments based across UK and North America on a mix of physical and virtual infrastructure
- Organising and documenting known solutions for internal collaboration and public consumption
- Training internal users on DevOps processes and tools
- Delivering world-class support to our customers and partners by being responsive, proactive, and professional in all interactions
- Engineering innovative solutions and tools to solve everyday problems
- Testing new software releases to ensure common customer use cases are fully functional
Benefits of working with us.
- Annual staff presentations and company socialising, as well as regular staff events and outings
- The office is set in the peaceful countryside
- A creative and collaborative working environment
- Impromptu pizza deliveries, BBQ’s and bakery buffets
- Variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks & drinks provided
- Company pension scheme, health care cash plan and BUPA
- After 1 year, 22 days’ holiday, 1 day for your birthday plus one week for personal development and time off at Christmas (1st year, 20 days)
- Cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and free eye tests
- Chance to be part of an energetic and diverse company culture
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960263915