CNC Milling Machine Programmer/Setter/Operator
Experience is appreciated and rewarded
Our client, a well-established precision engineering company, supplies gears and mechanical actuators to a range of industries including aerospace, defence and oil sectors
Due to growth of the business, they currently require an experienced CNC Milling Machine Programmer/Setter/Operator.
The job will involve:
• Setting, operating and programming 3,4 & 5 axis CNC Mills
• Setting and operating manual mills and lathes as required for making tooling and fixtures
• Checking of components to ensure parts are to drawing and of an acceptable standard.
• Programming in ISO (G Code) and Edgecam
• Being apprentice trained
• Programming using Edgecam would be of benefit
• Experience of Brother TC-S2A, Matsuura MX-520 & VX-1000 would be of benefit
• Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standards of work.
• Ability to understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information, and record results.
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with colleagues.
• Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
• Basic PC skills to ensure electronic system is kept up to date.
• An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision.
• A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
• Proven skills within a milling environment.
• Must be willing to work overtime when required to achieve delivery dates.
• A good knowledge of tooling specifications and cutting data would be an advantage
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80296244