Graduate Teaching Assistant job
Graduate SEND Teaching Assistant job, Westminster, ASD support, potential Teacher training
An outstanding rated Primary Academy in Westminster is looking to fill a Learning Support Assistant job in their year 1 class to offer support to an autistic child. The job will involve working 1:1 with an autistic child providing consistency and support to their daily learning routines. You will also be offering the class teacher support with planning and preparing class lessons and activities, supporting lower academic ability groups of children and offering class support whenever necessary.
The school has been rated Outstanding by Ofsted due to its team of talented and devoted staff, exceptional behaviour and innovative teaching ideas, enabling pupils a secure and supportive educational experience. Therefore the ideal candidate will have a friendly and devoted nature, the ability to work with Ofsted Outstanding and the desire to continuously improve upon yourself and your working environment.
In order to be considered for this job you must:
- Have previous referenceable experience of working in a similar role, particularly within a Primary School environment
- Be a driven and enthusiastic individual
- Be passionate about the education of children
- Have previous experience of working with SEN
- Have an excellent knowledge of child safeguarding and protection procedures and the UK National Curriculum
- Be degree educated
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be fluent in English
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to become a Teacher in the near future due to the schools excellent Teacher Training schemes and supportive environment.
If you fit the above criteria and would like to become a Learning Support Assistant based in Westminster then please contact Hannah Walker on 0207 259 8770 or apply within.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80287424