Functional Skills Assessor / Tutor
OVERVIEW: FUNCTIONAL SKILLS ASSESSOR / TUTOR
We are currently seeking an experienced Functional Skills Tutor to deliver and coordinate the successful completion of Functional Skills qualifications, for a well-established and respected award winning training provider based in the South of England.
Based from home, you will be responsible for managing a caseload of learners in your region. The majority of support to learners is online which minimises travel. The role will require you to be involved in all aspects of the Numeracy and Literacy delivery including the carrying out of assessments and liaising with Assessors, Learners, external verifiers and staff to maximise completions. You will possess a strong occupational background in Training and hold a Level 4 (or above) teaching qualification and a specialism in Maths, English or ICT at level 3 or above.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: FUNCTIONAL SKILLS ASSESSOR / TUTOR
- Working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, while delivering a range of quality provisions, you will follow code of practice and or the agreed procedure for any awarding bodies.
- Train, assess, motivate and support learners on programmes towards achieving qualifications in Functional Skills
- Maximise the use of e-learning and using a variety of assessment methods to ensure learners have the chance to evidence their knowledge in a variety of ways.
- Support, develop, implement and evaluate approved training materials, promoting standardisation, use approved training methods to develop the learner and utilise every opportunity to supporting them to achieving their qualification in a timely manner.
- Ensure the highest standards of learner completions are met and to monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progression reviews/additional support reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: FUNCTIONAL SKILLS ASSESSOR / TUTOR
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 qualifications
- Teaching qualification at level 4 or above
- Specialism in Maths, English or ICT level 3 or above
- A1 Assessor Award (desirable)
- Passion for people development
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
SALARY/BENEFITS: FUNCTIONAL SKILLS ASSESSOR / TUTOR
- £23500 - £25000K salary
- Attractive Employee Benefits package, including 45p mile travel expenses or Oyster Card
Excellent fringe benefits and opportunity for personal development with further qualifications
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80280209